Amd=to What In Pentium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cell567

In Runtime
What is a 2800+ amd athlon xp processor equal to in a pentium 4 processor. Also what is a 3000+ equal to? I always thought 2800+ was 2.8 ghz and 3000+ is 3.0 ghz in pentium 4 BUT i think im wrong. Thx for all replys.

U are technically right amd 2800 = P4 2.8 etc, the difference is that Amds are better with multytasking - it will better handle more programs (then pentium) at once. An amd 3000 which is i think 2.0 ghz will work same (or even better in some cases) then P4 3.0 ghz

pentium4 has 3 versions in each specific frequency, they are not all equal.......so example.....pentium4 2.8Ghz B 533Mhz FSB = XP2800 333Mhz FSB

well i dunno if im wrong but that sites stated that a p4 3.2 is better than a p4 3.4 by 2 pts :S. sigh...

really? ....thats nice. I just don't know why many people are finding amd athlon xps better...I really dont know. Like my friend compared his amd athlon xp 3000+ with a 3 ghz p4....in the gamign area amd won...*sigh*sigh*

pentium suck... amd 2800+ = 2.8 pentium even though the official clock speed is lower... hahaha

AMD overpowers INTEL PENT

An AMD chip will overpower any pentium that is "comparable." AMD are faster and more stable during multi-takings senarios.

I am sure there is a site out there that explains the lets say, AMD 2800 to a P4 2.8Ghz or whatever the AMD is closest to. I have wondered the comparison of AMD to P4's, I have never taken the time to look.

AMD is by far better, thats why they cost more*

Blake

AMD is by far better, thats why they cost more*

I have no idea where you shop, but amd sells there processors way cheaper than pentium. The p4EE is like 900 dollars and the new 3.4 ghz p4EE is basically 1000 dollars. The top of the line AMD 64-FX is only 725. When you compare the prices of the comperable processors between the two the AMD is cheaper 9 times out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom