Questions about OCin and ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeIranianKid

In Runtime
is it better to have a higher htt and a really big divider with lower ram speed or a smaller divider with lower htt and faster ram?

HTT speeds are really just a by-product of getting to CPU speed and RAM speed. As long as you keep total HTT at around it's max using the LDT multi, it isn't going to make a difference. So, to answer your question, you would want the faster RAM speed.

SomeIranianKid said:
ok thnx so its better to sacrifice a little cpu speed for a little more ram speed
I didn't say that. I was referring to HTT speed, not CPU speed, although finding the best combination of CPU and RAM speed is just trial an error. Although, on A64 systems and the IMC, memory bandwidth is driven as much by CPU speed as it is by RAM speed.

SomeIranianKid said:
ok i think im getting this so a higher htt speed is better than faster ram not a higher cpu speed
:amazed:

Let's just make it simple. The goal is overclock both the CPU and the RAM to their max stable levels.

You get to a particular overclock by adjusting HTT, CPU multi, LDT multi and RAM divider (plus vcore, vdimm etc for stability). There is typically always a combination of these settings that will allow for both the CPU and the RAM to run at there max, or very close to it, so to say one or the other isn't really necessary, although if one was forced to bend, I would say sacrifice RAM speed before CPU speed.

As for HTT again, this is really just a means to getting to CPU and RAM speed, not something you are trying to overclock on its own, so it is out of the equation of 'is it better to have higher HTT than_____.....'

Make sense?

Do you have a real world example of what you are trying to do that would make this all make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom