New Computer - No Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hi, as some of you know I got to build my own computer and everything is fine now and I'm typing this right now with my new computer. Everything seems fine except I can't seem to get ANY audio?? I've tried plugging my headset into the front panel where it clearly says 'headset' and no sound when playing music or a game ...I tried plugging it into the back on all 6 slots that could fit the plug but none of them worked so I got out my old speakers and tried plugging them into each slot (mainly because from the small icons on the back, it is very hard to tell what is for what) and ...nothing.

I've checked the sound settings on the computer and everything seems normal so does anyone have any idea why I'm not getting any sound?? Help would DEFINETLY be appreciated! :D

well, the board comes with onboard sound... if you didnt install a sound card, then yes, you are using your onboard sound.. i have the same brand of mobo. Make sure your onboard sound in your BIOS is set to enable, and make sure you install the audio drivers that comes in the CD that comes with the mobo. good luck.

in the pic of your mobo, if you plugged in your speakers into those holes, then you're using onboard sound (ON the motherBOARD). if you have a seperate sound card that you installed into a pci slot, then you have a dedicated sound card. (same way onboard/integrated video and vid cards work..)

ok well some guy said the same thing as i did but they pressed submit faster! and he seems to be nicer too.

It didn't work. I installed the Realtek AC97 Audio Driver, restarted then went to my BIOS and went to Onboard devices and under AC97 I put it on auto which was what it was already on. The only other option was disable.

Someone please help this is very irritating, no sound on a computer really sucks. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom