my cd-rw/dvd is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmil

Baseband Member
k my cd-rw/dvd drive is not working 4 sum reason, this is the 1st time i ever had problems, each time i put in any disc it wont load it, i put in dvds,audio cds, data cds original music cds, etc and still it wont load my comp doesnt load it up, i go 2 itunes and it doesnt say cd, i go 2 windows media player and still, i put in a dvd and still, and then i tried burnind a data cd and when 2 test it on another comp, nothin showed up, im running on xp home ed. ;my cd drive has never had any problems before plz HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

well like do u mean see the whole cd drive like the inside 2, cuz my i can just see the front where the tower is, my is just a standard comp

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

can this mess up my comp??? im not saying ur dumb, but i just want 2 know at im doing

if those 2 entries are there, delete them, there not supposed to be there, if there not, then dont do anything. You can back it up also just incase, just go to files, export, name it and save it, then delete those files and reboot

alright cool, but i only 1 the REG_MULTI_SZ named Upper filters, i dont see the lower filters, so do i just delete that one???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom