Should i get Surround sound speakers or a set of CAns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headphones are best for true surround sound unless you had a 2million dollar JBL extreme setup (yes they make one) but for loudness get a good and loud 2.1 for your friends and for gaming get those headphones he says. I WISH i could afford a good 5.1 set.

Senn 595s are great also, but they really should be amped in order to get their full potential. They're open, which usually means better quality for the money, but they don't block out sound. If you live in a quiet area, this isn't a problem. The main issue is their need of a headphone amplifier. If you are interested in this, by all means we can fill you in.

The A500 ($100) or A900 ($200) hardly benefit at all from amping, since they practically reach full potential right out of things as shoddy as onboard audio or low-quality soundcards. Since 595s cost almost as much as A900's, I'd say go for the Audio-Technicas. Plus, they're closed/sealed, so they'll keep sound from getting out as well as coming in.

003, I didn't know you were a Head-Fier! :D Now I see where your headphone wisdom comes from ..

are the a900's better than the sennheiser HD595.

And will it sound decent on BF2 and FEAR with an X-fi Fatal1ty

The 595s would sound better out of a multi-hundred-dollar amp, but from a soundcard, the A900's would best them. The A900's would sound excellent with any game.

one problem

Im from the UK and im on the audio technica site. and i dont see any a900. can u find em for me on their site. are they discontinued?

Open cans are generally not as good for gaming as closed cans. Also, as socks pointed out, the 595's really need an expensive amp to shine. BTW, if the A900's are to expensive, the A500's are cheaper, and they would also be very good for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom