Sound Card Drivers Gone Wierd!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

97lt2959

In Runtime
Ok my sound card was working fine and still is in some respects.....both drivers were installed cm8330 and cm8330 sb16 then i installed a wireless network card....and now the sb16 driver is gone all wierd its like the network card had 'stolen' its irq and now i have a big yellow explination mark next to the sb16 and guess what no more free irqs. I herd somewhere about irq sharing but i cant seem to get it to work and i cant seem to find any refereance to it on windows 2000.

Any Ideas Anyone :question:

If your Bios supports it.Easy way to free up some irq's.Disable your printer port and the 2 other port's if your not using them.If not you could manuel set them in bios.

Disable your printer port and the 2 other port's if your not using them

Disable them in the bios or within the device manager?

I cant really disabled the printer port.

Which to other ports did you suggest?

97lt2959 said:
Ok my sound card was working fine and still is in some respects.....both drivers were installed cm8330 and cm8330 sb16 then i installed a wireless network card....and now the sb16 driver is gone all wierd its like the network card had 'stolen' its irq and now i have a big yellow explination mark next to the sb16 and guess what no more free irqs. I herd somewhere about irq sharing but i cant seem to get it to work and i cant seem to find any refereance to it on windows 2000.

Any Ideas Anyone :question:

It sounds like you have an other IRQ conflict, as far as I know each I/O address Shares only 1 IRQ, go to device Manager/yr device /Ressource/ click underneath setting, choose an other I/O add to assign to IRQ

Make sure in BIOS, enable PCI/PNP
what error message did you get by the way?
is there a message conflict?

IRQ Conflict.

This is the first time I have seen the problem is quite a few years.

No you are quite correct, i get a message saying there are not enough free resources

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

When i click resources i do indeed have to manually set the IR (Interupt Request) I had to do this before anyways because it didnt like it but since the network card is installed there isnt a free IR i can use.

??

i do indeed have to manually set the IR
I don't think you have to set up manually, did you enable in BIOS, PCI/PNP?
To set it up manually you'll have to ajust yr mobo,this is quite tricky

I don't think you have to set up manually, did you enable in BIOS, PCI/PNP?
To set it up manually you'll have to ajust yr mobo,this is quite tricky

Yes i enabled pci/pnp in the bios it was already enabled :)

And when i mean manually configure i had to go into device manager and click into the resources tab and change the ir setting in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom