THE ultimate wooden case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagleboy said:
Anyway, the refrigerator probably doesn't help the computer out at all - it's probably just making it hotter. All those pipes in the back of refrigerators are for heat dissapation - all the heat that is inside the refrigerator is pumped through the pipes and lost to the ambient air. They get pretty warm, and enclosing a fridge like that probably doesn't help its ability to freely throw heat away from it. The fridge is really hurting the computer.

Right on. The heat dissipation tubes on the back are what help remove the heat from the refrigerator. That's where it's dispersed. It'll warm the computer up! The fridge is probably struggling a little. It's harder for it to keep cool in a warmer environment like that.

Ryan

P.S. I'm not sure I like the wood chosen at all. Hardwoods just soak up the stain so much better. This is opinion in looks though.

I think he has fans and stuff to adequily cool he fridge. Im not sure though cause i didnt look a it to closely. Anywho my dad said he might help me build one out of the wood we have left over for our deck.

i think the fridge is a good touch, but how does he plan on getting it to a lan party or anywhere for that matter? and another thing, do you think there would be any electrical interfearance?

"spelled"..sorry! I just HAD to throw that out there....

Anyway that case is very nice. I like the bunker/tank look of it with the fans sticking out the side. It looks like a row of cannons, haha.

In one-hundred years we will be talking in New Speak. Where things are either good or not good. Hot or not hot, and where one plus one equals three....

Ulti_DOOM said:
i think the fridge is a good touch, but how does he plan on getting it to a lan party or anywhere for that matter?

for real? obviously, the owner of that case does not need to transport his case. I highly doubt anyone with any remote desire to move their case around would attach a mini-fridge to it.

It has wheels and i would totaly take that to a LAN party. Me and Jerry have a big problem keeping our Bawls cold at LANs cause we by cases at a time so that would be a big help.

P.P. Mguire said:
It has wheels and i would totaly take that to a LAN party. Me and Jerry have a big problem keeping our Bawls cold at LANs cause we by cases at a time so that would be a big help.

in which case you would need to lock it good.

Well wouldn't they design the case so that the fridge doesn't heat the components up? Look at the roof inside the fridge, I'm not sure what that is but it looks like where most of the heat is dissipated, and theres a fan ontop of the case. It looks like it was modded or somehting. Or I could just be totally wrong and that can be like a motor or something. and the heat is dissipated through the back like normal fridges.

but if you had it put against a wall im shure the fans would suck in heat straight from the frigde, and i still think electrical interfearance with things like your sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom