Need help buying a PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sport1031

Daemon Poster
I have decided that I need to buy a new PSU. I want something that is 480 Watts or bigger, and something that will last me a long time. Also I dont want to spend more than $100 USD.

I have heard that Antec and Thermaltake are good brands, but I dont really know much about buying PSUs so I am here asking you guys for some help.

Any responses are appreciated!

Thermaltake is good. Their old PSUs aren't.

Some of the antecs are the same exact PSUs as Thermaltakes.

Get the antec truepower 2 550w or thermaltake 550w toughpower.

I own one, and love it, and you will as soon as you take it out of the case (which can be used as a 'box of stuff' or a tool box.) It has patented modular design to minimize the drawbacks of having modular. It is very quiet and very reliable. It has a great feature of the rear fan staying on for 3 or so minutes to cool your components fully (great at night.)

I've heard bad things about Hiper ... the most important thing to look out for is the warranty though, look for one that lasts at least 3 years. If there's no 3yr+ warranty then you can safely assume the product is cheaply made and not of good quality.

I was looking at those and they seem like great PSUs, but the Hiper one appeared to be just as good, and I liked the modular design on them. Also it comes with a neat little toolbox to keep computer stuff in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom