Batch-file - File compare question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitwolf

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

is it possible to do a file compare command in a batch file and have it check a whole directory and sub directories rather than just one folder and me having to type out EVERY directory I want checked?

Thanks,

marc :beard:

Thanks for that. I'll take a look at it and have a play around, see what I can do.

Cheers,

Marc :beard:

hhhmm my company doesn't like the fact they have to pay for it. :( small budget unfortunately. Anything you can point me to, to help me with a batch file? Is it at all possible to do it?

Thanks for your time

try clonespy http://www.snapfiles.com/get/clonespy.html

Do you often download files from the internet? Is your hard drive crowded with these files? Have you ever asked yourself which files you already downloaded more than one time? CloneSpy can help you saving hard drive space by detecting and removing duplicate files. CloneSpy can find files that have exactly the same contents regardless of their name, date, time and location. Moreover Clonespy is able to find files that are not exactly identical, but have the same filename. Perhaps you have different versions of a file and you want to find all of them and remove the older versions. In addition, the program can also find zero lenght files. You have the option to decide what you want to do with the found duplicates, CloneSpy shows you the details of each file (and it`s proposed duplicate) and allows you to either keep, move or delete.

I'm gonna sound really picky now. Thanks for the link csamuels but clonespy doesn't seem to check files on "date modified". It just gives me as much work as the batch file I created does. hhhmmm, any other suggestions.

Thankyou for your suggestions so far, it is appreciated.

Thanks,

vbscript could do it

<%
Dim oFSO,oFile,dMod
Set oFSO=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
'BE SURE TO CHANGE THE NAME IN THE NEXT LINE!!
Set oFile=oFSO.GetFile(Server.MapPath("FILE.asp"))
dMod=oFile.DateLastModified
Set oFSO=Nothing
Set oFile=Nothing
Response.Write dMod
%>

I've never touched VB script but was planning to. Perhaps this is the time to start!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom