Which Hard Drive????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVID_15

In Runtime
Which hard hard should i get for my brother a Western Digital 120 gig 7200rpm SATA (AUS$144) or a Western Digital 36 gig 10,000rpm SATA RAPTOR (AUS$175) or what hard drive do u think i should get him?.He will be just playing games and a bit of downloading.

i would go for the western digital 120G you dont really need a 10000rpm drive and theres only a little difference between the two

i would get the western digital 120GB 7200rpm ,7200rpm is fine for gaming and storing downloads. The 36 Gb 10000rpm wont gp far compaired to 120gb's. Personally i would get a Maxtor but WD is fine.

Deadguy is right, in that the 10000rpm isn't going to do you much good compared to the 7200, 10000 are more benificial in servers as he said.

I hace a 40GB Wesern Digital 7200 and it is plenty fast for anything I am doing, games and downloads mostly, and transferring to my other HD and or cd-r's, it is real fast, and quiet.

Go with the 7200 bigger drive, you will be glad you have the space, and not the speed, that again, won't be that much different.

Blake

If you are looking to squeez everything you can out of your computer you could get two WD 10000 rpm drives and put them in a raid 0 setup. But even then its not going to be a very visable difference from the 7200. The only place it will be visible is the whole in your pocket :D

DAVID_15 said:
Which hard hard should i get for my brother a Western Digital 120 gig 7200rpm SATA (AUS$144) or a Western Digital 36 gig 10,000rpm SATA RAPTOR (AUS$175) or what hard drive do u think i should get him?.He will be just playing games and a bit of downloading.

I go for the WD 120 Gb. I would only spend the extra on for a 10,000 rpm is there was an absolute need for it.

Playing games and downloading (especially in this country) is not required.

BTW, who is offering those prices to you??

Game dude (www.gamedude.com.au) a good shop (its in brisbane) and the best prices (i think its the best prices in australia) thats were i buy all my hard ware and 1 good thing is i live 10 mins a way.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom