Build or Custom build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^ Correct, AM2 doesnt have anywhere near the peformance increase that you're gonna need in waiting for it to come out, pretty much the only thing new coming with it is the support for DDR2 Memory, which is not enough to spring for the extra money on something that has virtually no performance gain.

Build your computer now, buy a 6600GT-6800GS, then save up until the 8*** series come out and spring for one of those later on.

Besides, there will always be something better. As soon as you buy one part, in a few weeks, there will be something better and more powerful to replace it. Just like the war between ATI and GeForce. You can get the most powerful video card today, but the other company will soon bump up the specs on their next card. Just buy really powerful now, and then don't worry about upgrading for as long as you can handle the games companies put out.

If you don't have any experience building computers, then dont try until someone shows you and you get some hands on experience. Motherboards, processors, RAM, etc. aren't cheap and if you mess up (and don't know the proper way to handle them) then you've just wasted a ton of money, money that could've gone to someone else taking care of the technical stuff for you. for laptops, try xtremenotebooks.com, and for desktops take a look at newegg.com

I completely agree with Mk97, doing your own build is very rewarding. You also get the bonus that if something breaks down the road or if you want to do an upgrade a year or two down the road, you have all the skills necessary to do this.

Agreed that it's certainly rewarding to build your own system, but i just don't think its a good idea for someone with no experience to try...unless you have a big budget. remember, it only takes 30 volts to kill a computer chip and the average doorknob shock is at least 3000 volts.

build it yourself im only 14 and i mowed enough lawns to get the money to build my own comp and i knew next to nothing just look up some articles and some picture tutorials read the mobo guide and see if any of your friends know anything about computers its not that hard to learn and i suggest going to the stlp at your school but i really have no idea how good the program is at your school, but yeah itll be really rewarding

I really want to build it myself tho i don't know what to do. I heard about this volt thing and it get's me scared :(. And i can't afford to break my comp when i get it.

Checking the Umart store but it's clsoed. Thanks anyways. Check this site out.

www.scorptec.com.au

I built my comp back when I was 13 last year too. ^^

You gotta build it yourself. It's...SO EASY. God, all the stuff is just so simple. If possible, try to practice on other computers.

There is NO way .. i could pratice/learn to build a computer .... got no freinds that knows anything about computers o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom