Building NEW SFF - help me decide!!!

DO U THINK MY COUSIN SHOULD BUY A DELL???

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Dont know, dont care

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Antec Aria's power supply is only 300W, and it handles my P4, 6800 vanilla, and Raptor just fine. Of course, it is Antec. :D I would go with whichever Shuttle gives the most power, since they have a good reputation. I wouldn't trust the others.

For the EVGA 7800 question, do a search at http://www.sfftech.com I am SURE there are a bunch of threads about it... I can't search now (getting ready for work, but I will do a search when I get to work.)

OK, Here is a link for you to check out..... http://forums.sudhian.com/messagevi...d=88318&highlight_key=y&keyword1=SN25P 7800GT. There are a BUNCH of members at those forums running SN25P's with various flavors of 7800 GT's. If you need more info, do a search (its on the left side of the screen), just put in "SN25P 7800GT" ... without the quotes.
It seems that the bigest thing with the 7800GT's in the SN25P is that you only plug in ONE of the power cables to it...

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that helped a ton! I read up on it and it seems everything will in fact be ok.

My last question is:
Is stock cooling good enough? And what kind of thermal paste should I buy?

The stock cooling in the SN25P is MORE than adaquet, as it uses a LARGE heat pipe, with 2 fans on either side of it.

Here is a pic of the heat pipe:
SB81P_ICE.jpg

My SN25P came with thermal paste, and I used that (I am NOT overclocked at all) and I have not had ANY heat issues. You can also use Arctic Silver... I hear it is top notch.

EDIT: something I missed is the fact that the fans aren't static (except the power supply fan)..... so they spin faster and move more air as the temps go up.... Mine is pretty silent, unless I play Battlefield 2 or other such intensive games, then I use a program called 'Speed Fan' to control the fan speeds, and I rev them all up to 100%... At that rate, the SN25P is a NOISY little sucker... but the game volume easily drowns it out, and it keeps the inside well below 50* C even under FULL LOAD on the CPU.

Aurigae said:
My last question is:
Is stock cooling good enough? And what kind of thermal paste should I buy?
I don't think you can fit anything but stock cooling into a Shuttle. That said, it's a pretty neat system, with a heatpipe collecting heat from the CPU and transferring it to a heatsink near the back with a fan blowing out. Definitely use Arctic Silver 5 with it.

Everything is running great! We did the SN25p walkthrough from sudhian forums and after a few mistakes and startovers, all is great!

Internet and everything is fine but the only problem we have currently is that we can't get his current two main games to run on it. They are oldschool games:

Ultima Online (runs and patches up to current but won't enter into a server...)
Soldiers At War (oooooold game from like 1998ish)

Anyone know what to do or where I can find a workaround for this?

I am glad everything went good for you with the SN25P. That is interesting that the games won't work for you... Can't help with it right now (work firewall allows me access to VERY FEW external webpages...) but I will check later on for you if I get a chance... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom