SLI/Crossfire: The cold hard truth

Which case is the best all around case?

• Cooler Master Centurion 5 case w/ window.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZXT Trinity case.

• Antec super lanboy

• My case is better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much get

Crossfire/SLI

1. If you are going to get 2 cheapish cards like X800GTO's Or 6600GTs.

2. But not for an ultimatly powerful system like 2 7800GTX's

3. If your not sure and wanna upgrade to more powerful graphics in the future

Thats pretty much it

How about getting 1 7800GT for now...then buy another in say...a year for half the price? think SLI will be more "perfected" by then w/ drivers? If it did then I'd do that exactly. 1 for now...2 later. Installment plan. I fear i'd hold off a second card and just buy a newer different one all the while thinking..."two GTX's are better than two GTs..but two G80s are "even more better" lol than two GTXs! haha uggg

You could get Quad-SLi which is 4 cards ..... It's jsut crazy and with SLi your paying so much just to get about 1 - 10 fps more .... its crazy!

Wooo wow they sure do trick people

I cant buy crossfire..... ITS 2 expensive, im not going 2 pay double 4 something 2 increase by 30% performance... thanks a lot 4 letting me know before i get ripped off.
well i guess it would b a good investment if u were real rich
(like Donald Trump) :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

I was in the same boat as alot of the posters here, about the SLI/Crossfire issue. I am in the process of building my own gaming rig, and I have been doing alot of research. I've pretty much planned my whole build around one of these two technologies. After reading this thread it makes me want to take a few steps back and rethink my whole design. I have a set budget, which isnt really low, but if there aren't any real advantages to running dual cards, then the money can be sent else where, better processor, sound card, monitor, etc.... Thanks for the post, it has brought me back to the real world, at least when it comes to video cards....

Well done Kdiddy!! Probally the first new person here tor ead a sticky! (I am being serious.)

SLI is great if you have maxed out everything else, where they can gain more performance, but it is not worth it for the average person who has to work to get money.

especially since the 7800gt's and gtx's support dual screens already. one less reason to go for sli and cf.

One reason not to SLI the 7800 series is because they won't be making it anymore. It'll begin to become a rare commodity, and probably go up in price for a small while.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom