Am I the only one that thinks this card is stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI ALL I WAS WOUNDERING IS IT WORTH BUYING ANOTHER 6600GT AND SLI IT WITH MY OTHER 6600GT AND WAIT IT OUT TILL VISTA COMES OUT OR JUST JUMP UP TO THE 7800GT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

CAPS LOCK FTW!

A 7800GT would be better than 2 6600GTs, but its a matter of either spending $120, or $260. I say to go with the 7800GT. Its a long time until Vista comes out, and a 7800GT should last you until then.

yea you might as well just spend the bucks for a 7800gt. a 6600gt in SLI probably isn't worth the trouble unless you think you can resell both of them for a decent price when you go to upgrade.

I saw some benchmarks off a site that showed that even in some games, a normal 6800 had similar numbers to the 6600GT SLI setup.

molsen said:
I think YOU'RE the confrontational person you speak of, Ryan. The point of the post was to make fun of all the random things people get confrontational about and how everything turns into politics at some point or another. I was in no way bashing GWB. In fact, I don't even remember (from past threads) what your political beliefs are. And yes, this thread is TOAST.

Please don't hate me Ryan, :( it was nothing against you AT ALL.

Thank you sir. Scarcasm doesn't mix well with typing/writing. The comment was out of nowhere, so either your typing, or my reading didn't work. In no way am I confrentational, but I do get defensive. I don't hate you.

Ryan

Nah, it was probably a bottleneck or a game that didn't support SLI. Normal SLI'd 6600GTs will be better than a 6800GT.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
In no way am I confrentational, but I do get defensive.

That deserves a fat HAH! "Blows a lot of hot air" eh?

Flanker said:
Nah, it was probably a bottleneck or a game that didn't support SLI. Normal SLI'd 6600GTs will be better than a 6800GT.

serious? You have any benchies off hand to show this? I mean, it still wouldn't be cost effective as the 6800GS is approximately equal to a 6800GT, but that would be quite a boost. You also have to figure in the extra cost of an SLI board... Hmm. The 6600GT SLI setup sounds mediocre okay compared to most every other SLI setup.

Originally Posted by FlankerThat deserves a fat HAH! "Blows a lot of hot air" eh?

*biting tongue*

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
serious? You have any benchies off hand to show this? I mean, it still wouldn't be cost effective as the 6800GS is approximately equal to a 6800GT, but that would be quite a boost. You also have to figure in the extra cost of an SLI board... Hmm. The 6600GT SLI setup sounds mediocre okay compared to most every other SLI setup.

It only appears in the older, pre-X1000 benchmarks, and it varies from game to game. Apparently I was wrong, it doesn't beat a single 6800GT, but it comes pretty close.

Xbit Labs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom