Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makaveli213 said:
Well gee since you are such an expert why dont you write us a OS that is 10x better than Vista?

Your little animal with a bushy tail stole the "Tabbed" browsing from Opera who in turn got it from someone else. It has been around for almost 10 years. Yet you think Firefox is the best cause it "Intorduced" it. More like made it main stream.

The other stuff like renamed folders and touch screen support. Does Linux have it by default? How about OS X? Okay thank you.

The Games-your right they are not all that special. I agree. But they are nice to see the remake instead of having Solitare from Windoew 3.1 on the next version of Windows.

But of course you know all this. How about the UAP. Where you are not allowed to install software that is considered harmful to your system? Why didnt you mention that? IT stops spywayre, malware, trojans from even being executed. But that isnt a nice feature. What about the more advanced network support? How it is easier for multiple computers to share information with just a few clicks? Not nice either.

Let me clear this up. I am not all for VIsta. I wont even get it for the first 2 years or so. But what i am saying is that is is a BETA. Which means it is not final. It may not be all that everyone hoped for but at least M$ is trying to make things the way us USERS want. Not the way they want to make it.
Your points are all good ones - thanks for calming me down.

I know that Firefox didn't introduce tabbed browsing; I was just taking a cheap shot at Microsoft by bagging on how crappy IE is right now, and that the next version of it will just be catching up to it. :D

All that other stuff (except for the gaming part) I knew. But that was a good, valid post and I thank you for it.

yes you can there is no reason why you can't. It has DX9 emulation and these games should work on both 32 and 64 bit platforms.

As for apple taking over I really don't think UNIX is the way to go though apple did an impressive job.

ilovesocks said:
Your points are all good ones - thanks for calming me down.

I know that Firefox didn't introduce tabbed browsing; I was just taking a cheap shot at Microsoft by bagging on how crappy IE is right now, and that the next version of it will just be catching up to it. :D

All that other stuff (except for the gaming part) I knew. But that was a good, valid post and I thank you for it.

I didnt mean to take a shot at you personally. I understand why the attacks are coming at Vista. I have made more than my fair share of attacks at it for the AV/Firewall business that they are talking.

You are right M$ is playing catch up with IE7 but also with IE7 in Vista it will have 256Bit encryption which is far more powerful than any browser currently on the market. It will be 2x more powerful than it currently is for security against hackers.

Like i said i have personally tried all build from 5112 up to the current build of 5308. I have seen improvements along with downsides. Games still has its downfall right now since they dont allow for DX to be installed fully. They just have the components installed needed to run the OS. I havent even been able to get Doom 3 running on my Vista system yet.

5308 has many good points and bad points from what i hear so far. Explorer is still buggy as heck. With crashes more often then not. I havent installed it yet to try. Have plans that dont allow for me to install. But when i do i will make sure to post some screens and a review.;)

Well Connect Site has gone way beyond their limit on connections. They have been crashed so many times. But i dont mean that Tyler. I know a few buddies that have 5308 installed and they have said that Explorer.exe crashes more foten than it did with the previous builds. But WMP11 and the IE7 are more Stable than they have been.

yes LOOKS like an awsome operating system but I'm just thinking its microsoft's way of trying to crush the antivirus, antispyware, and parental control software because who is going to go out and buy antivirus if it's already in windows. That is how IE became so popular, now there just trying the same thing with other software.

MS could have dealt with the AV thing years ago. but that would stop people from making money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom