Which Video Card to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord AnthraX said:
Also I heard that the 7900 is almost like a overclocked GTX 512?...I dunno...hmm...The next video card I buy tho is going to be DX10, thats all I can say..:)

did you miss this

On the 7900s, latests specs have it with 24 pipes and a 625MHz Core Speed. Simply a die shrink to 90nm. If those specs hold true, it won't even come close to touching the X1900XT/X. Still, paitience is a virtue, but you'll have to wait until CeBit at the end of March.

Brtnboarder495 said:
It would suck for Nvidia if a card they released two months after their competitors got beat ... in performance and price.
Yep, kinda like the X1800XT and the 7800GTX. Though the gap was not very big between them, if the 7900 is still 24 pipe the gap will probably be much bigger.

Well, the 7900GTX is also supposed to be cheaper to fit it's performance. I think the starting price for the 7900GTX is set at $499.

Flanker said:
Well, the 7900GTX is also supposed to be cheaper to fit it's performance. I think the starting price for the 7900GTX is set at $499.

That explains why the X1900XT's have dropped nearly $100 in price already. ATI's doing an excellent job with the X1900 series. I still can't believe they released the XTX version though with 25/50 increases in clocks for $50 more than the standard version. That's like 1.3mhz per dollar!

003 said:
Yes, in the USA. I don't think you'll get it that cheap in canada.

Lol, yea newegg.com and such. I think they even have one for cheaper then the price you posted, not sure though. Either way it's awesome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom