implications of a 12" fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has to be the worst idea I've ever heard in my life. It would look ridiculous, sound like a rc airplane, and be completely pointless. If you want good cooling, dont waste your money on talf thought through plans and get something that is known to work.

yo genius, its called being origanal, im trying to come up with a new idea, and making my own case, btw i do have a decent cooling sytem already i just want to try out new stuff, pehaps you should pull your c0ck out your pc, and venture out in to the 'real world'

nitestick said:
i am all for originality. that is out of line bill gates. it doesn't matter what you think of his idea unless you have something constructive don't post. radiator fans are belt driven

Not true. Some are belt driven some aren't.

nitestick said:
i thought basically all radiator fans were either belt driven or shaft driven directly from the engine. are there electric ones?
yeah, their called Themo Fans.
2015_2lo.jpg

^^ they don't all look like that.
there are newer ones that look better.

they run off 12v, so it could work.

maybe hook up 2 PSU's, and 2 Thermo Fans, one in each side of case, one in, one out.

might be good.

just looking on ebay for better pics, and found this.
12" PROFLOW Electric Thermo Fan

This is the latest and one of the most powerful thermo fans on the Market!
Configured as a puller from the factory, it mounts on the inside and pulls the air through the radiator
12v High Performance Reversible Electric Cooling Fans are idea for OEM or High Performance applications
The blades can be reversed along with the polarity of the wiring and it becomes a pusher mounted on on the outside and pushing air through the radiator

12² Fan Specs
--------------------------------
CFM Pull----------------1200-1450
CFM Push---------------1350-1550
Dimensions--------------11-3/4² x 12-1/2² x 2-1/2²
Amps (push or pull)------5.5 +-0.5 AMP
Volts--------------------12

d2_1_b.JPG

Air conditioning pumps and fans would be belt driven, but the radiator fans are not as they come on when the car starts to get too hot when stationary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom