x2 3800+ overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's "CPU VID Control" and "CPU VID Special Control" or something similar that control the vcore settings

TRIPLE POST! Use the edit button next time. 2.7GHz with 1.5v is pretty good, almost as good as my opty 165 that does 2.8 with 1.5v :)

BTW, I would swap the coolers you are using, the xp-90 on the 3700+ and the cnps9500 on the 3800+x2.

ya i thikn im going to swap them once the 3700 and zalman come,or ill use the zalman for both, the latter most likely

fooey!(LOL) at that 2.7 core o is stble but core 1 craps out after a few minutes. I brought it back down to stock for now and th en once i get my 3700,zalman cooler new case fan controller and ram ill really pusgh the 3700 to its limits!

see!!! every single story i know of involving one of the cores holding an overclock back core1 is the weaker of the two. what is going on here? i have no idea of the actual engineering of the dual cores or even single cores but i'm beginning to think it isn't the cores themselves at fault but perhaps something else in the design :/

please nite give me some guidence man. :p

you told me to research more about OCing.. but what parts.. i know the basics. and most of the threads tell you just about changing values.

we established that it cant be the memory holding the OC back.
so what can i be looking for to solve the issue of 'what is the problem' should i go looking in another board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom