Which Pentium 4 to get? 805 or 506?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
Sure. The Shuttle that I picked out supports the Pentium 4, I picked out the Shuttle before the proc. as Shuttles only offer so many models...bummer.
Also, there will be the new Intels coming out this year that supposedly can take on a AMD for gaming.

Well do you have to get a shuttle? Intel's new processors are going to be awesome, but the current Pentium 4s are pointless, and the Pentium Ds are a grand waste of money.

I like Shuttles, not really much more to it.

So should I just go ahead and get the $109 P4 506 and just use that to hold me off until the new ones come out?
Are the Pentium dual cores really that bad?

The Pentium 4 is single core, the Pentium D is dual core. That's the difference.

Are you looking at the "waterdowned" versions because your building a shuttle?

Nope, I'm looking at them because I have a limited budget for another month or so.
Plus I can save money now and get one of those new ones when they come out later this year.

I know the Pentium D is dual core, but is having the dual core on these lower end ones worth the extra money? I do use my computer for more than games though, such as Photoshop CS2 and Dreamweaver, so keep that in mind.

Dang man, even a budget Sempron 64 or Athlon 64 system (in a Mid-Tower case) would outdo those P4s.

And a Pentium-D, especially one at those clockspeeds, would be utterly useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom