Which Video Card to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You CAN afford the 7800 damnit, but you can't afford the 7800GTX-512MB. They don't even make them anymore so stop saying that you can't afford all the 7800s, theres more than one, and the 512MB is the least common of them all.

On the 7900s, latests specs have it with 24 pipes and a 625MHz Core Speed. Simply a die shrink to 90nm. If those specs hold true, it won't even come close to touching the X1900XT/X. Still, paitience is a virtue, but you'll have to wait until CeBit at the end of March.

As for right now, the X1900XT is the best you can (and should) get. Don't get the 7800GTX, whatever you do. Its a waste of money for $430 when you can get the 7800GT for $250.

PZEROFGH said:
BFG, then no 7800GT then dirt then XFX.

Oh please, don't even go there. See, this is what I mean by you have been here too much recently. I've already talked about this before so I'm going to quote myself;

Flanker said:
You've only heard what others have told you on this forum, and guess what, they heard it from someone else, who heard it from someone else, who has no idea what the heck he was talking about. XFX isn't "getting better." Its always been good. Someone on his forum had a problem with XFX like 5 months ago and since then, XFX has become a taboo brand on TF. The fools repeat what they hear, even reputed posters like Pzero (he had XFX as the least reliable brand in his sig for a while). Its sickening. Get out of this forum more and then we'll see what you REALLY know about hardware.

Flanker said:
Videocard - Don't worry about XFX. Some a-hole on this forum, a long time ago, had a problem with a XFX and since then XFX has become taboo on TF. Theres nothing to justify it since XFX is as good as the other good brands, and is only one of two of Nvidia's main makers (the other is eVGA, so it gives you an idea of it's reputation). Look at the red part of my sig. It basically sums up what goes on on this forum. People simply keep on repeating what they hear someone else say without having any idea of what they're talking about. XFX IS A GOOD BRAND, JUST BECAUSE ONE PERSON HAD A PROBLEM DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE OTHER 50,000 CARDS OUT THERE ARE CRAP, kthx.

would you mind if i pm'd you for a while during the process of picking my hardware, and did you read the part where i live in canada, and it costs more here........

Go ahead and PM me anytime. AIM is DarkFlanker, if you want to go with that, its usually faster.

And I didn't read the part about you being in Canada until after I posted my post. It took a while and there were like 3 new posts, lol.

I hear alot about XFX being bad and unreliable..... needless to say i have 1... AND its the best card i have ever had...i had an EVGA 7800gt once and the fan was So loud on it i sent it bak and got the xfx...

I'd sit on my hands till march 9 or so. The 7900GT is going to make for a big nVidia price move. We're almost there, so if you can be patient, you'll find yourself with a substantially nicer card sacrificed for a couple weeks of not gaming.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I'd sit on my hands till march 9 or so. The 7900GT is going to make for a big nVidia price move. We're almost there, so if you can be patient, you'll find yourself with a substantially nicer card sacrificed for a couple weeks of not gaming.

Ryan

lol for me thats extrmely hard...iv been waiting to build my computer for about 4 months. Also I heard that the 7900 is almost like a overclocked GTX 512?...I dunno...hmm...The next video card I buy tho is going to be DX10, thats all I can say..:)

The Geforce 8 series will be DX10, not anything in the Geforce 7 series.

And the 7900 is rumored to be the same as the 7800GTX 512 built on a 90nm, maybe with slighty higher clocks. Some think it's going to have 32 pipes instead of the traditional 7800GTX's 24, but that's not looking like it's going to happen.

It would suck for Nvidia if a card they released two months after their competitors got beat ... in performance and price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom