Java help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried checking off Sun and checked all the Microsoft ones, but it didn't work. Then I tried checking only Sun and unchecking all the Microsoft ones, but it didn't work either. I also deleted the Sun folder in %userprofile% but it didn't work.

Maybe it's something to do with my system settings that's not enabling Java to run? My firewall is already allowing the Java things. What else can conflict Java? Shouldn't the Microsoft one work?

the MS one will only work for non Sun required Java. Most all sun java required versions will prompt for an install if it can't find it... Do you have another account on that machine? if not create one and test it with that account. If it works, then you will need to rebuild you account profile. The fixes that I know of, have failed, so I'm at a loss...

Yes I do, and I tested it on the other account as well but it didn't work. I'm starting to think it's a problem with Windows..maybe I should reinstall Windows.

no. uninstall all the Java. Then go through the registry and remove all of the keys in Hk_Local_Machine\software and HK_Current_user\Software. Then delete the Java folder in %systemroot%, and make sure to remove any Java folders from Program files.

Then reinstall Java and give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom