no fans just heatsinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
you know instead of a cpu heat/fan and a fan for your PSU you can get just heatsinks now for both i was wondering what if it was a really hot day could the heatsinks cope with the extreme condition

i'd still get a steady flow with a nice set of fans, and watercooling if you can afford it. My Xbox (a Celeron computer) is on a heatsink system and tends to overheat.

Without a fan your CPU life will decrease or even be destroy. Every PSU is made with atleast 2 fan buildin and I don't think it's a good idea to just use a heatsink without the fan.

Consider this for a silent PC, or for cheaper, a fanless watercooling system (external.)

I think the Zalman aeroflower's fan can be set to go off when the CPU is cool enough.

To use the heat sink without the fan You need a spacial case. At least that's what i gather from reading reviews.

if fanless hs are designed to be good enough to cool the cpu without a fan, surely the best thing to do would use a fan on a fanless heatsink?????

^It still has fans in it, but it has bigger HS so they only go on when there is a high load on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom