AGP graphics upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenglass

Beta member
which one is better option for gaming on low budget from the following? (all 128 MB)

1. nvidia gforce 6 6200
2. ati radeon 9600 pro
3. Nvidia geforce fx 5700LE ???

i know they r not up to the mark but from where i live these r only
options as cards r pretty expensive here. (add 1.5 to 3 times the american price !!)

6200 is the lowest end card in the Nvidea 6xxx series, dont bother.
5700le is a crippled card that will never get high performace, plus in general the Nvidia fx series was never that great.
9600Pro is an extremely good card for price/performance ratio, I had one and it played HL2, Doom 3, WoW with respectable enough performance (for several year old technology, nothing compared to todays new cards, but still)

If you can, instead of the 9600Pro, get the 128Mb Sapphire 9600xt. I have the 256Mb version and it OCs quite well. Plays HL2 maxed out at 1024 x 768. And plays FEAR, Doom 3 at upper medium settings wtih graphical extras slightly turned down at 800 x 600 with smooth frame rates. It's so much more powerful than the pro and not that expensive at all.

Order them online if you say you don't have much of a choice:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102510

hmm, I've only seen Dhaka just now... I'm sure there are sites that ship worldwide... although I wouldn't know of one.. to make things simple then, stick with the 9600Pro.

sprtnbsblplya said:
6200 is the lowest end card in the Nvidea 6xxx series, dont bother.
5700le is a crippled card that will never get high performace, plus in general the Nvidia fx series was never that great.
9600Pro is an extremely good card for price/performance ratio, I had one and it played HL2, Doom 3, WoW with respectable enough performance (for several year old technology, nothing compared to todays new cards, but still)

actually there is a 6100 onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom