Am I the only one that thinks this card is stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er... i just got an error the page isn't loading on ebay. Anyways, I never heard an 660GT getting 512MB, anyways nVidia would'nt upgrade the 6600GT now .... it's old

Yeah, what a piece of junk.
Is the 6600GT even fast enough to fully utilize 512mb of memory? I didnt think it was.

yeah, 512mb if useless on the 6600GT. In most cases, the 256mb 6600GT's were overkill. The performance increase just wasn't there... Sadly, not everyone knows about how graphics cards work, so they think that more memory results in higher performance.

Ryan

sprtnbsblplya said:
Is the 6600GT even fast enough to fully utilize 512mb of memory? I didnt think it was.

You have a 6600GT and you just called it a piece of junk...and mine too...

I called that *specific* 512 Xmedia no-name one a piece of junk. I dont recall saying "all 6600GTs are junk". But if you find it in my post let me know.

Uhh budy, the 6600GT is a very solid card for what you pay for, the 6600 and 6600LE which cost $25-50 less boast no more than half as much power as the 6600GT. The 6600GT can hold it's own in most games, and although it's on it's way out the door due to age, it's a great card.

Like others have said, the 6600GT couldn't even use 256mb of memory, 512 would be a horrible idea ... unless they were making a dual 6600GT ... but that is pretty illogical and pointless IMO.

Yes, I am aware, I own one.
But a 6600GT from a no-name manufacturer with more memory than it can utilize is just asking for problems, mostly becuase in general no-name cards are not as reliable. Also, you would be paying extra money for memory the card wont be able to take advantage of = rip-off and bad advertising to those who arent aware of this.
So yes, most likley, as I stated before, that *specific* card that I linked to is most like going to be a piece of junk.

I dont recall calling every 6600GT a piece of junk, so dont assume so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom