implications of a 12" fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, don't forget that a fan that large creates a huge magnetic field... My little 8" fan affected my Philips CRT from about 2 feet away.

ok ive been thinkin i could sort of make my own, or adapt an normal desk fan, put the motor in the towere and belt drive the blades, but i just need a sutible fan.........

If you put the motor IN the tower, you're going to be ****ing up a whole slew of components, most notably the Hard Drive, which is VERY sensitive to magnetic fields. Electric motors create electromagnetic fields around them, but motors used in computers are very small and low power, thus creating a very, very small magnetic field. You're talking about a 12" fan. You WILL be damaging your computer by putting that motor anywhere near your motherboard and hard drives. I can garuntee that.

Why not just go for watercooling, as this fan has gone so far away from being a cheap fix.

The thermaltake Bigwater SE is very cheap in the UK (£55) and my temps are really cold, 27*C usually with a 20db fan on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom