implications of a 12" fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
well for my new case im making ive come up with some designs, and i was thinking of intergrating a 12" fan into one of the side, take the stand off, cut a big round hole, and link it up to the power supply, would this work, that would be some badass cooling. the only problem i can see, the psu may not have the juice, and with a gaping great hole in the side and a fan blowing on the componets its gonna create a load of dust, but i could but some real fine mesh over it to stop that, what do you thnk?

hmm, im sure id be able to figure out a away of mounting it, but the ac issue....

Whats wrong with plug the fan into the mains?

All motors run on DC though, unless if there is a different type that I haven't seen.

Anyway, you will need to extract the air that the fan puts into the case some how. A holesaw will come in useful and a couple of 120mm fans on the top of the case.

yea, i guess i could just plug it in to the mains, its not quite the same, it would have ruled to turn on the comp and this gian fan starts spinning, yea but i could put a fan on the back to extract.

wait did you say all fans run on dc, does that mean i could do it?

ok ive just thought i copuld use one of those 12" fans you put in cars, umm for the radiotor i think, ya know, they have like 8 blades, low profile, would that work?

I just had a look and there are AC fans (wonders how they work.)

It would also be cheaper to go to a scrap/garage and ask for their cheapest radiator fan. The only problem with them is they are not really designed to be quiet.

yea, i noticed that, there probly funkin loud, hmm, i wonder just how noisy..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom