Dell Xps 600 Renegay'd

Which do you like better?

• South Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Family Guy

• I dont watch neither

• I dont watch neither and i think you should seek help because you watch this filth

• I like X better than both and I'll explain why

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, i agree.. i do think its a waste of money, and who know's maybe they'll get these quad sli to work more efficiently.. dont they have x16 sli boards now? i know abit and gigabite have one, 32x when not dual paired.. heard these graphics cards don't even have enough bandwidth to support 16 anyway?? anywho.. i guess quad sli could be a persons way out to slowly make a great computer without having to spend a fortune on 1 graphics card.. pretty much slowly upgrade to lets say 4 8800's later on so they don't have to upgrade to a 9 series later on

Dell wants desperately to tap into the "Gamer" market. Their resent attempt at the "uber" ultimate gaming computer is just all bark no bite. The amount of those "renegade XPS's" that theya re going to sell will be extremely limited. They are basically saying, "Hey, we can build a gaming PC too." Unfortunately for Dell, a Gaming PC of that caliber and cost doesn't hold much water with the DIY community.

The only way dell will ever be able to capture "gamers" is by offering "AMD" based PC's. (That is until - the new "intel" uber leet CPU's are available that everyone is freakin' out over.) And they need to start "Mirroring" a DIYer's component list. Everything right down to the motherboards, HS&Fans, Memory... everything. They would need to start using Overclocking friendly Motherboards and all of the DIYer's favorite components.

I dont' see this ever happening... Even if they did conform to what I listed above, it would still drive a stake through the heart of a "Hardcore DIYer" to have a $5000 gaming PC with the DELL logo slapped on the case. (eek!)

I don't see why anywone would waste their money on that. I mean, in a little bit, with DX10, those cards won't even be close to top of the line.

Plus, with the price tag of that thing (probably like $8-10K, you could build 4 or 5 really good machines yourself. :p

Vybuni said:
I don't see why anywone would waste their money on that. I mean, in a little bit, with DX10, those cards won't even be close to top of the line.

Plus, with the price tag of that thing (probably like $8-10K, you could build 4 or 5 really good machines yourself. :p

Yea exactly, which is basically why it's going to be purchased by rich father's who will gift it to their sons who can't be bothered with spending time with them.

IMO SLI isn't even close to being worth it, so I can't imagine how SLI x2 is going to be worth it.

indeed. But sometimes it's the only way. In fear for example, SLI helps a TREMENDOUS amount making the game playable in severely high graphics. Its good for trying to render twice the amount a single card could handle. A little "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" deal. Two cards only work well when they have enough on their plate to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom