can someone please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sisko

Solid State Member
hey there, my new pc isn't going to well. i have had it for a few days now, and the last couple of days, the computer freezes and i can't do anything. only press the power button. it's not as if it happens when i am doing anything demanding, it freezes after a few minutes of starting windows. these are the specs:
asus a8ne
amd x2 4200
1gb ram
geeforce 6600
600w psu

i`m not really sure what the problem is, i have reformatted, twice now and still get the same problem.

this could be a silly question but for the layman it can be quite confusing. the pc's chipset is supposed to be a nvdia nforce ultra chipset, however on pc wizard it said my chipset is an sli chipset, and on the cd (with mobo's drivers and utilties) it says a8n sli series. is this correct?

also could it be possible that my wireless cards software is causing this problem as quite simply it doesn't work. the pc says the device is working properly but i can't connect to the net through my wireless network eventhough everything is to my knowledge entered in correctly.

can someone please offer any advice as to what exactly is the problem and what i can do about it?

thanks

oh and another thing, on nvdia monitor, it says my chasis fan is below the threshold limit. what does this mean, and could it be connected to my problems?

thanks nitestick, i will try that now.

what do you think about what i said about the chipset? is it possible i have been given the wrong chipset? or would that mean my pc wouldn't work at all in the first place if i was? i know relatively little about pcs compared to people on here, but i know absolutely nothing about chipsets.

thanks again

just thought i`d add. i just noticed a new error message when windows starts up, it says something like,

windows error, duplicate names have been detected.

this message comes up at the bottom right of my screen.

yep thats the board. i just got a bit confused, when pc wizard said my chipset was a sli chipset as did the front of the mobo cd rom that came with the pc.

ps ignore the error message i posted earlier. thats to do with my network, nothing important.

i`m running memtest now, i downloaded the 1.60v which has amd x2 64 features, but for some reason it turns out to be the 1.55v without the x2 features. will this affect my test?

thanks again for the replies, my computer may not be working properly, but i have learnt a bit as a result.

i have the sli series cd not the one in that picture.

but spoke to them today, and they said there is a known compatability issue with my wireless cards software and that is causing the problem. so far the system hasn't crashed since i disabled the lan card. i`ll give it time and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom