ati v nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

detour31

Baseband Member
i was going to buy the GeForce 7800 GT but i was wondering what the equivelent ati card was in terms of specs and i dont intend to overclock so is ati or nvidia better and which is best value for money

At that price of 300 dollars, though a good deal on teh 250 dollars eVGA 7800GT after MIB. The best card on the market is X1900XT/X from ATI costing at 500 dollars. The X1900XT beats out the 7800GT and in saome cases the GTX. Though the GT is the best bang for your bucks because of its great performance and new attractive low price :)

the X1900XT beats the GTX no problem at all. It beats the GTX 512 on Most occasions.

And the XTX on all. But they are expensive and out of your budget, for $250 the 7800gt is your best bet.

It's crept back up to about 290, maybe 275 after rebates. Rumor has it that they're going to quit making the 7800 series altogether. Make way for the 7900...

Ryan

I've got the X1900XT and it does wonders with my dual 3.0Ghz Intel Xeon 2Mb cache processors. Highly recommended video card. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom