Geforce 7800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get artifacting at any settings, regardless of how high settings you use, there is a problem with the card. Most likely the cooler is not mounted properly. You could remount it yourself or send it in for evga to do.

wtk pro l said:
ive got the evga 7800gtx and i paid $509. ive got to say im not as impressed as i thought i would be. i havent run any tests. but with everything on medium 4x AA and at max resolution i get bad artifacting in BF2. i know its pretty high settings but from what ive heard i should be able to run that easily.

Yeah artifacting isnt caused by the card not being to keep up. Its cause by overheating/overclocking too much.

o ****. well the thing does run pretty hot, i was thinking a water cooling but i dont see a chip on it to mount the water block. i mean i could take off the heat sink thingy but i wouldnt know where the chip was on the card.

the prices on the higher end model (7800GTX 512MB 580Mhz core clock) continue to rise. a grand on ebay and that's the cheapest i've seen...

wtk pro l said:
o ****. well the thing does run pretty hot, i was thinking a water cooling but i dont see a chip on it to mount the water block. i mean i could take off the heat sink thingy but i wouldnt know where the chip was on the card.
Your best bet would probably be to send it to evga for repair.

well i really would like to water cool it when i get back. so how would i go about fitting the water block on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom