Hard Disk Boot Failure - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hi, I went to a computer store to get all my wires connected and everything and the computer turned on fine and everything looked good till I put in my Windows XP Pro CD and I get this error message "HARD DISK BOOT FAILURE - INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.". I've tried putting the disk in both cd drives and the computer does not seem to respond.

I've called into the Computer store and they said to fix this it'll cost $60 and 2 hours and that seems like too much for a rather small problem so I would like quick help here before I go to see if I can fix the problem. I have an appointment at 2:30.

If it helps, here's the specs to me new computer:
AMD Athlon X2 4200+ Manchester
BIOSTAR TForce4SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
2GB XMS Corsair (1gbx2)
Windows XP Pro
Evga 7800GT 256mb
160GB Seagate 7200RPM
LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD Burner Model SHW-160P6S
LITE-ON Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model SOHD-16P9SV

Nope, can you please explain how I can do that? I made sure everything in the BIOS was at default settings.

I'm in a huge rush here can someone please explain how to boot the cd from the bios please

I went to the BIOS and told the system to boot from the cd first and still same problem.

I have no idea if the cables are in the place where they should be because I had as I already said a certified computer techie did all the connecting and stuff for me.

And no, I don't have a floppy drive.

If you can figure out where the hard drive is you could check the connections to it. It should be near the front of the case with a 4 wire molex connector and maybe a red sata coonector to it. Otherwise this techie should maybe check it for you. Good luck.

Well I sent it in and he fixed the boot error but the computer froze while XP Pro was installing and so he mentioned that some of the parts that are on my computer can be defective so he had me leave my computer there and he said I could pick it up after 5pm on monday and he'll tell me if I have any defective parts or anything like that but other then that he says it should be good on monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom