cooling solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
naw... I just want to be back down to safe temps...

does anyone have experience with the Aspire X-Cruiser?

I'm considering saveing up for it...

and a harness thing...

Sounds like if your temps have gone up over the past few weeks and your conditions haven't changed (enviroment) then something else is going on. My best guess, based on your temps, sounds like your thermal paste might be breaking down. How long have you had this setup with your CPU and thermal paste? Do you have stock cooling on your CPU? I see you have alot of things running, but the CPU can throw off alot of heat. Your mainboard temp seems fine. Try some new thermal paste, that would be the least costly and go from there. Without active monitoring of temps on your other compoents, the thermal paste is my guess.

I am currently useing a stock heatsink...,

and I haven't replaced my thermal past for a couple months...

I appreciate you bringing that to my attention... that might save me some money to test that theory first...

might be a pain to pay shipping and handling... for something so small...

oh well...

I am considering that case... the more I search around... the more I want that one... I'm wondering what color though... blue, black, or silver... I like silver... but they all look pretty good... I like how the black accents the blue lights... and I'll definately replace the fan grills...

hmmm...

are you sure that the fans in the front and side are blowing in and the ones on the back are blowing out?

i had a similar problem and found out whoever put my computer togther didnt have the fans in the right way.

currently: my back fans are blowing in...,
my side fan is blowing out..
my hs/fan is sucking in (obvious)
and my psu, which I find quite odd... has a large 12cm fan sucking air up into it... pulling up hot air from the case..
so I rigged up a fan on the side to blow air in and toward the back..., as soon as the warrenty expires, I'm gonna switch it around the other way...

so...? would I be better off haveing the back fast blowing out and the side sucking in?(the side fan is not above the cpu)

can anyone explain to me why the shipping is so feking high?!!?

I'd like to buy these..., so.. to test the price I added them to my shoping cart... and ended up with nearly $10 for shipping... those things can't posibly weigh that much... or do they calculate shipping differently now?

Spire FanBlower FD07015B1M3 70mm Ball Case Cooling Fan - $2.99

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - $5.99

Subtotal: $8.98 (that makes sense)

Shipping: $9.12 (what happened to $4.99)

Total: $18.10

here are the links...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16835166017

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16835100007

priced seperate total = $18.96

Try ebay, those things will be alot cheaper including PnP.

On one site in the UK, for a full system the shipping was just under £50!

Juice Daddy said:
currently: my back fans are blowing in...,
my side fan is blowing out..
my hs/fan is sucking in (obvious)
and my psu, which I find quite odd... has a large 12cm fan sucking air up into it... pulling up hot air from the case..
so I rigged up a fan on the side to blow air in and toward the back..., as soon as the warrenty expires, I'm gonna switch it around the other way...

so...? would I be better off haveing the back fast blowing out and the side sucking in?(the side fan is not above the cpu)

The fans on the back of your case should ALWAYS be exhausting hot air (blowing out.) Put the fan on the side of your case on intake (it will blow air over your mobo and other components, cooling everything down.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom