Problem Booting With Power Button/ Reset Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

glease

Beta member
Hi guys:

I just built my first PC from scratch, and everything works great after itÂ’s booted up. My problem is that when I initially boot up using the power button on the case, I get this:

PCI VGA Link Width: 16
IDE Primary Master: None
IDE Primary Slave: Light-On DVDRW SHOW-1633S BSOH
IDE Secondary Master: None
IDE Secondary Slave: None

Detecting IDE DrivesÂ…

This is where it stalls. IÂ’ve tried all manners of switching the DVD drive between master and slave, and plugging it into both IDE spots on the board. None of that changed anything. When I hit the reset button, I get this:

PCI VGA Link Width: 16
IDE Primary Master: None
IDE Primary Slave: Light-On DVDRW SHOW-1633S BSOH
IDE Secondary Master: None
IDE Secondary Slave: None

IDE Third Master: ST3250824AS 3.AAD
IDE Fourth Master: None

IDE Fifth Master: None
IDE Sixth Master: None

The computer then goes on to boot normally. I suppose itÂ’s not recognizing the HDD when it boots from the power button. IÂ’ve also tried plugging the SATA HDD data cable into each of the 4 different SATA connections on the board. That doesnÂ’t do it either.

My System is:

MSI K8N NEO4-F Socket 939
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
Crucial 512MB PC3200 400Mhz CL3 184-pin DDR DIMM
Seagate 250 GB ST325083/24AS SATA 8MB 7200rpm
XFX Geforce 6200 TC PCIE 256MB DVI TV 64MB
Lite-On SOHW-1633S Dual Layer 16x DVDRW
Cooler Master Cav-T04-UKC W/350W Power Supply

Anyone have any ideas on how to straighten this out?
Thanks

Put the CD/DVD drive on master and set it on the primary master IDE, put the SATA drive on SATA0 and check your BIOS to see if SATA ROM detection is enable or whatever the feature is call that enable your SATA device in BIOS.

When you insert your windows installation cd you'll be ask to press F6 to install a SCSI raid driver. Press F6 and then provide windows with the driver for your SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom