SLI with 6800GT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerKammander

TeH ViZarD
Alright which option is better here...

Im preparing for oblivion's release, and I want to be able to run it pretty good, on a 1280x768 screen.. Which I have feeling will not be happening with my 6800GT. So, I was thinking of getting a second 6800Gt and sli'ing, I would have to do the pencil lead mod on my board, but would I better off to get a 7800Gtx or Gt... or SLI my 6800... Mind you I have a Leadtek 6800GT with the dual slot heatsink, but the other part of it doesnt cover up the other pci-e slot so im good there, but im worried about cooling, as my second 6800GT would be against my sound card, and I dont have anywhere else to put it. I think I should be good with the rest of system, 3700+, 2gb of ddr ram. I just know that oblivion is going to eat my one 6800GT alive. So what is better, a 7800GT, 7800GTX, or a second 6800GT... and I refuse to wait and buy a 7900...

6800GT is good enough, but you are better of getting a 7800GT instead of Sli'ng
BTW if u do get the 7800GT, would you consider selling ur 6800 2 me?

If you have a 6800GT, you really shouldn't be upgrading. Unless money grows on trees in your backyard, upgrading to the 7 series from a 6800GT doesn't make a lot of sense. May as well skip that generation, because your card is nice.

Ryan

adam06 said:
6800GT is good enough, but you are better of getting a 7800GT instead of Sli'ng
BTW if u do get the 7800GT, would you consider selling ur 6800 2 me?

I have already had several people inrested in it. It may go in brothers machine though.

Im thinking about the 7800 route...

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
If you have a 6800GT, you really shouldn't be upgrading. Unless money grows on trees in your backyard, upgrading to the 7 series from a 6800GT doesn't make a lot of sense. May as well skip that generation, because your card is nice.

Ryan

Well, I do have 1,000 bucks laying around.

I dont think a 6800GT will work well with oblivion, i just dont see it happening.

PanzerKammander said:
I have already had several people inrested in it. It may go in brothers machine though.

Im thinking about the 7800 route...

awww!!!! i was so close 2 getting a 6800GT cheap!!!!:p

Oblivion is a serious performance game (particularly with that whole "erosion" thing). if you have the money, go with the best.

quote: Well, I do have 1,000 bucks laying around!!!!!!!!

What!!!!!!!!!
Get 2 Asus ATI Radeon EAX-X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

or 2 XFX GeForce 7800GTX 512MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)!!!!!
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom