memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
hey if i was to buy a computer and get 1 gig ram right, is it smarter to get a 1gb stick rather than 2x512 if i do plan on getting another 1gb stick maybe in half a year or so.

also if i run dual channel, my ram has to be identical right, so if i get corsair 1gb value right now and get another one later on at the end of the year, do you think corsair value 1gb sticks would still be around, if not im guessing its better for me to try my best to get the 2gb package of corsair value ram now.. any suggestions of wut is better for me?

2x512 is better than 1gb ( faster ) and if you can buy two 1 gb then but it modern applications are memory demanding but only if you use them. so if you needs memory get more memory.

really? I always assummed it would be better to get teh 1gb stick. so some of the higher end server boards automatically dual channel?

2x512?? but wut if i do plan on getting another 1 gb stick, so isnt it better to get the 1 gb stick, also even if i was planning to get just 1 gig, 2x512 does take up more space than juss 1 gig, and the performance increase for dual channel isnt that much right? or is it a lot.

I would get the 1GB stick, so in the future, when you upgrade you can utlize the dual-channel with 2x1GB.

cool, but i just want to know if the 2x512 is really that much better than just 1 stick, will i notice the difference or its barely noticeable?

Well, the 2x512 is better, but not enough to spring for it now. I would wait to get the 2x1GB where it actaully matter. :confused:

ok and one last question... wen i do plan to get my 2nd stick of 1gb, all i have to do is stick it in the memory slot and i got dual channel right, i dont gota do nothing else?

You put it in Slot 1 and Slot 3.

Sorry, I forgot to include generally, this is a DFI btw. Thanks Flanker. :down: :down: :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom