Which mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but im still not sure...Ive heard that the neo is a good board BUT i also heard that the Asus and DFI overpower it....

Hah. Its Asus that has bad things going around it. ASUS + AMD = Disaster, especially when overclocking.

The DFIs are the undisputed best for overclocking.

I'd go with he ASUS, reasons already stated...heard bad things about the DFI
ya well i was suggested the Asus by a Gamer/ Techie that has 1 baddass comp!

Hah. Its Asus that has bad things going around it. ASUS + AMD = Disaster, especially when overclocking.

The DFIs are the undisputed best for overclocking.
Im listening...

You're listening, but I don't know what I'm supposed to be saying. If you're talking about the DFIs, ask anyone. They're the undisputed best and most-used by professional overclockers. What more is there to say? Best-Quality materials, stable at high HTTs, highest overclocks, etc. Lets see Asus even scratch that.

Flanker can you tell me where you got this info from?
"ASUS + AMD = Disaster"
Never heard anything like this before.

Asus motherboards work best with Intel processors while DFI motherboards work REALLY well with AMD processors. Go with DFI on this one. THey make higher-quality mobos and they OC much better than Asus motherboards.

Note: DFI boards are extremely picky on the memory you put in your system. A word of warning...

DFIs are extremely picky with memory...would you know Spartan? Or did you just hear that from someone else? Hmm, thats what I thought.

DFIs have no problems with memory whatsoever. People say that Corsair ValueSelect has problems with it, but no one has actually had problems with ValueSelect.

Flanker said:
DFIs are extremely picky with memory...would you know Spartan? Or did you just hear that from someone else? Hmm, thats what I thought.

DFIs have no problems with memory whatsoever. People say that Corsair ValueSelect has problems with it, but no one has actually had problems with ValueSelect.

or maybe, you can look at my sig and see that I own a DFI mobo, to clarify, i was talking specifically about the SLI-DR. i dont know about any other DFI mobo

Yes, but you haven't tried out every stick of RAM with that motherboard so you don't know if the OCZ is the only one that doesn't have problems. Basically what I'm saying is that you heard somewhere that the DFI was picky with memory, and yet you only have one type of memory. If one person was inept enough to not install their RAM properly or mismanage the timings, doesn't mean that every single stick of RAM by that company won't work, or that everyone else is going to be inept enough to have problems.

I've helped many people build PCs with DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-Ds and NF4 SLI-DRs that have also had Corsair ValueSelect (which, FYI, is the RAM that people say DFIs have problems with) and NOT ONE of them has had problems with it. I may be wrong, but there are 5 such systems to my knowledge. So I ask you; I have proof of working systems, do you have proof of failed systems? Or is it as I suspect that you just read some other noob say it on another forum, and are copying him? Hmm, I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom