Help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3l0dic

Solid State Member
Hi .. Has anyone seen this before.. Is my video card about to die ??

!
untitled3ls.jpg

It started doing it yesterday so I opend the pc up and hoovered some dust out of it and checked the vid card was sat in its slot ok etc.. Then it never did it again .. But when i rebooted the pc today it started doing it again .. SO i changed monitors .. to no avail... I dont see it at the moment but I know its gonna come back soon.. it starts flickering all sorts of colours ... Arggghhh !!

yeah i updated to the latest catalyst drivers about a week ago.. Im not sure what temp its running at ..is there a utillity that i should get ?

My Video Card is a Radeon 9800 Pro ( 128mb )

My motherboard is a

Manufacturer : Dell Computer Corp.
Model : 0G0728 Rev. Not Available
CPU Slot/Socket Type : mPGA-478
Chipset Vendor : Intel i875P Rev. A2
Bios Manufacturer : Dell Computer Corporation
Bios Version : A07

:(

Try rolling your drivers back to last used drivers to see if it clears this up.

I haev experimented with rolling back my video card drivers and I even tried system restore. A few times ive rebooted and once windows has finished loading all services etc it then froze up a few times.. Maybe my hard drive is dying too ???!

Ok .. well When i power up the pc. to the Dell splash screen.. Not , everytime but I am seeing what look like graphical glitches ..Sometimes different coloured random symbols and alphanumeric stuff..Then upon loading windows.. Sometimes everything seems to be ok .. Then .those 4 strips will appear down the screen . flickering quite eratically.. often the patterns inside the stripes down the screen are changing too.. When I then move an open App or window around the desktop it is leaving a corrupt mess all over the desktop ... At the moment the stripes are just scrolling down my desktop .. then flickering ev now and again. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1739/mess9pa.jpg there is an image of my desktop when i click on start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom