Constant Updates at Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
Hello,

I was just wondering if it is normal that my laptop wants to install new updates everytime I try to turn it off.

Each time I go Start, Turn Off Computer, it asks whether I want to turn it off after I install new updates or turn it off without installing the updates. I've always chosen to install them but it has been doing this non stop for about 4 days - how many updates does it need to install?!

No, not recently. But there has been another development. When I reveal the Windows Update icon in the task bar and click it, it starts installing in the background, about 2 minutes later it says that it could not install all updates (namely the Outlook Junk Mail filter)... and it does this everytime I click it. Perhaps it is the same update that is trying to be installed at shut down. If so, is there a way to tell Windows to ignore that particular update?

Its the same one, what you need to do is when you see that icon, click it, click on customize and then somewhere in there is a option to not download, I cant remember exactly where but you will see it

YES! It worked, if everything goes well I will not be notified of that stupid thing again. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom