ram strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheScore

Baseband Member
alright im building my first comp and deciding wat ram to get
i will either

1) get 2 sticks of good 256 ram (because 2 is better than one 512, right?)

2)get one stick of 512 and upgrade too two sticks of 512 later

I would imagine that your mobo has 3 slots for RAM, so you could always get 2 sticks of 256 and one stick of 512 for the third slot.

i think he is trying to go with duel channel enabled in the ddr ram. I would go with 512mb stick and upgrade later because you wont be missing the 10% performance boost to much and wehn you get it it still wont do to much.

I think it's a better idea to go dual. Although, I am a bit curious to know if putting in one stick of 512 would slow the dual down any. Would it?

@ mousepad, with three sticks installed, you still get dual channel performance on the matched pair, but the single stick will be running as a standard DDR.

With the single 512, later getting another one, this will run faster than if you had the two 256 and then a single 512,

GET THE SINGLE 512 you will regret not in the future.

Blake

yea in the long run go with a good stick of 512 ram and later stick another 512 one to go at better speed.

alright cool im gonna buy one stick of 512 now and then another one later

now, i need to know compatibility issues like the speed and wat kinda of ram its is (will these factors effect compatibility?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom