What do I need for my gaming PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSALink

Beta member
I am planning on building a computer soon, and I was just wondering what I need to get to do it with. I understand the basics, but I was wondering the general brands and such that I need.

I want to have a computer capible of playing games like BattleFields 2 and Half Life 2 almost flawlessly, and still have plenty of room for office-like stuff.

So, if you could provide me with a list of the best products for this (such as video and sound cards; processors; and hard drives) that would be great!

And just to let you know, I am not filthy rich, so I am trying to keep my budget down to around the $600 mark (if that is realistic).

Well I use MSI products myself. If you get a motherboard with on board sound and on board lan that will help keep your costs down. I run all the latest games and I'm using a 2800+ AMD athlon chip. With a 256 Msi Geforce AGP video card. I have mine set up as raid with 2 150 hard drives and 1 GIG of ram in dual channel setup. But $600.00 is kinda cutting it close but you only need 1 hard drive also and if you but it on Newegg.com you can save some money .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom