Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I have a few questions about laptops. Im going to be going out of town for a few months, but when I get back, I want to invest money into a laptop. Im going to be starting school, and I want something I can work with, but also something I can game on. Im not expecting a dream machine for the gaming, but I would like something that could play our current game line up at least at low settings medium if its possible in a laptop. As for a budget, I would like to keep it under $2000-3000, but I am willing to wait and get something that will last me a while if it comes to that. I don't want to invest that kind of money, if the laptop is going to become an dedicated typewriter within a year.

I would really like something thin and light and easy to move around, but of all the light ones I have seen, they are all far worse than even one of my cheapest and slowest PC's. I could build a Desktop PC that runs faster for $600, than a thin laptop for $3000+ If You know what I mean. I would also really like a laptop that I can just carry in my hands, or something I could just slip into a shoulder bag or something. Something that is durable and can take a light beating. I don't want some monster laptop that needs its own bag, with six battery packs, 15 cables, and has to be plugged in every second of the day. Everytime I get on an airplane it seems like I see these guys with these monster laptops who are fidgeting around witih cables and batteries and what not to get everything working, while spilling their drink and hitting the guy next to them. If possible Id like to avoid that. Id like it to have decent battery life, but I don't travel much, so it would pretty much be with me during the school day and at home where I can charge it.

Also who is the best to go with when it comes to laptops? We have a local store here in Utah PCLaptops, never been in their, but I have never really been a fan of letting someone else poke around with my machine. I have always found its easier to do it myself. But again I have never owned a laptop, so thats probably expected is it not?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

well... hmm... That's a tough bunch of requirements. I mean, gaming isn't a word that belongs in the same sentance as laptop unless you'll be spending a lot of money. I'd look into Alienware, sadly, if you want to game, and if you're willing to not game on it, then maybe Toshiba would be up your alley. I've used/seen a lot of toshibas. They're solid.

Ryan

About the gaming, im not expecting top of the line graphics, im not even expecting great graphics. I just want the games to run with realitivly little lag due to the system.

I don't plan on sitting at the laptop playing games for hours on end. I just want something to do when I have a little free time while im at school or something. Or maybe if I get tired of sitting at my desk playing a game, requiring tons of monotonus repetetive work, like some mmorpgs do, to just be able to sit on the couch or in bed or something a little more comfortable, than to have my back arched and my neck streched until it aches.

I plan on building a high end gaming system with in a year or so. Or whenever I feel my current system isn't meeting all my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom