Upgrade Question...Pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hennessy

Solid State Member
Ok, the computer i have now is very old, like about 5 years old. I was planning on upgrading and building my own computer, but now i see that the am2 is coming out soon. Should i wait for that? or should upgrade now?

Thanks in advance...

Right now my computer has 256mb of ram, 20gig hd, pentium 3 processer 868 mhz, and thats all i have...

let me get this straight, the am2 has a different socket than the ones right now?

If you're willing to wait for AM2, then I would get the next gen intel CPU's instead, because from the ways things are looking, they are going to crush AM2.

AMD redid their memory controller so it was delayed until June 6. DDR2 667 was slower so they decided to support DDR2 800. 65nm will also clock a lot higher.

Intel will also release conroe around that time which is even faster than AMD at the same clockspeed. I would wait and see what happens with that. If you can run one at 4-5Ghz it will a lot better then AMD if you overclock.

We still don't know what AMD will be out with though.

sorry that you have that system, but i think you should be strong and hold of tell conroe, with the dx10 video cards and vista. or if you can't wait get a dual core and wait tell march and get the new 7900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom