6800s

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever is cheaper is the best at this time as it is wise to just get a card that can hold you over for half a year then get a G80 in preperation for Vista.

Tyler1989 said:
What ever is cheaper is the best at this time as it is wise to just get a card that can hold you over for half a year then get a G80 in preperation for Vista.

Then when the G80 comes out dont get it either becuase there will be better a half a year after that.

Dont play the waiting game with video cards.........its useless.:rolleyes:

BillGates said:
Then when the G80 comes out dont get it either becuase there will be better a half a year after that.

Dont play the waiting game with video cards.........its useless.:rolleyes:

You are partially right, but G80 is the big one. If you are going to wait on one, wait for the G80 because it or a G80 based card will be needed for Vista gaming. Just because you wait for the G80 doesn't mean you have to get the most expensive one, there will be an 8600 series most likely that will be great price/value for the time.

If you want to wait, get a 6800GS or 6600GT and that will hold you over.

beedubaya said:
You are partially right, but G80 is the big one. If you are going to wait on one, wait for the G80 because it or a G80 based card will be needed for Vista gaming. Just because you wait for the G80 doesn't mean you have to get the most expensive one, there will be an 8600 series most likely that will be great price/value for the time.

If you want to wait, get a 6800GS or 6600GT and that will hold you over.

Thats what teh stepup plan is fore, Ive got a 6800GS right now and another on the way. Ill trade these in for the 7900 in april. I doubt the G80 will be out by July so I wont be able to step up for it but I can just sell the 7900 and a G80.

I definately think running games great right now is worth paying the little extra to get a good vieo card now and still get the G80 when it comes out.

also remeber that wen the g80 does come out, itll be really expensive, i dont think youll want to buy it yet, until maybe half a year has passed or so.. till the prices drop, so i think 6800 series will hold on till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom