Random System Pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Heat

Baseband Member
Ok so I am getting a system pop-up that is completely random. It comes up saying from System to Administrator, or Registry to User, etc. I then says to go to "A SITE" to get a fix for the problem. It is OBVIOUSLY spy or adware. However I have used spy bot search and destory, as well as AVG to try to clean the CPU, but have yet to get it off the computer.

It isn't your normal pop-up either, it goes to the top of all windows, no exceptions, and will not allow for another window of any kind to be viewed until your close or click ok on it. I suppose I get about 3-4 per hour.

Now here is the kicker. After I thought I had no other choice, I formated my computer to get rid of the error. However, after a freash format and only a few program installs, hotfixes, a couple of games (CD not download) and its back.

My computer is setup to hold all install and operating system files in my C: drive. My G: drive is essensially a file sever. I did not format my G: drive. Just the C:.

Now can anyone tell me how to get rid of this error, without getting rid of my G: drive?

sounds like someone aint got sp2 installed which means windows messenger service is running...

either install SP2 or do this below:

Click Start->Settings ->Control Panel
Click Performance and Maintenance
Click Administrative Tools
Double click Services Scroll
down and highlight "Messenger"
Right-click the highlighted line and choose Properties.
Click the STOP button.
Select Disable or Manual in the Startup Type scroll bar
Click OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom