internet only build

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilstar187

Baseband Member
ok this build is for my gf and internet only. she doesnt want to spend much at all on it so keep that in mind when reviewing it.

cpu----AMD Sempron 64 3000+ Palermo 800MHz HT Socket 754 Processor Model SDA3000BXBOX - Retail --$86 newegg

mobo---DFI nF4X Infinity Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce4-4X ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail ----$72 newegg

case----Power Up 2525 Blue ATX Mid-Tower Case / Okia 450-Watt ATX Power Supply / Cantech Keyboard and Optical Mouse Combo ----$50 tigerdirect great deal

hd---Western Digital Caviar SE WD400JB 40GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM $48 newegg

ram---OCZ Value Series 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model OCZ400512V25 - Retail --$37 newegg probably go with 2 of these

cdrw--LITE-ON Black IDE CD Burner Model SOHR-5239V BK RT - Retail $23 newegg

vc---eVGA GeForce FX 5200 / 128MB DDR / PCI / DVI / TV Out / Video Card ---$40 tigerdirect

monitor---- Famous Brand / 17-Inch / 1024 x 768 / Beige / Off-Lease CRT Monitor ----$40 tigerdirect

so the total is ---- $433 **** i built another decent one for the same price in another thread.

Thats pretty good specs for just internet. On newegg there is a Pcchips mobo for like 30. Get that and the cheapest Video card u can find (around 20 bucks). And taht PSU is ALOT of power but the whole package is a good deal. 64 bit cpu is not needed unless u plan to use windows 64. U can get a good enough processor for around 50 bucks. You should spend no more than 400 bucks on the overall system. I got one a while ago for 18 bucks. Oh and 512mb of ram is more than enough. Dont get a gig

yea that price is with a gig and the geforce 5200. the reason i went with that vc is because she and her sister use webcam chat alot and she wants it to play smooth. i left room for some major upgrades later on with that mobo but ur rite the sempron 3000+ might be a bit much for just xp home edition. i dont really like the built in 10/100 ethernet card tho. little slow for my taste but then again im a gamer and she isnt so it should be fine. but if not i can beef that up for about $30. when she came to me with the idea i told her she could go to radio shack and get a $200 compaq and i would install a better ethernet card, vc, and some extra ram and it would end up around $300 and still do everything she needs but she wants me to build one from scratch. **** shes ****in spoiled. but i cant say **** with the ****in $4k system im buildin for myself :)

Good specs, except I would have spent $5 more and got a 120 GB Harddrive, and $10 more for a decent DVD RW. Did you budget for the little things, like Windows OS, and the few programs she might need.To be honest, it is hard to beat a $500 or less prebuilt system from many of the online vendors. That $500 system will have more and better components. It is hard to undercut the Big manufactors on a budget build. Now if we were talking a gaming machine, that would be another story.

yea thats what i told her but she wants me to build one for her. i already have a spare windows xp oem version laying around somewhere so that is covered. i can get a copy of word for pretty cheap as well which would be a big plus because she is really into writing poetry and stuff. i also have an external dvd r laying around too so thats why i went with the cd rw. but since she doesnt want a store bought machine i guess this build would suit her needs pretty well. but for $600 i could get her a decent emachines and upgrade it a bit and it would be better.

ill keep those in mind thx. but im still trying to convince her of the fact that a store bought computer will be a better deal for what she wants. she is very hard headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom