GeForce 8 series (I need info!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being as DX9 and DX10 won't be compatable, they will have to release 2 versions of every game for a while (would probably include them both in the same package), or just have to deal with games running like crap on Vista in their emulated state, which I don't think they will want.

UT2007 will be so demanding systems will have a hard time handling it at full settings under XP, they can't afford the performance loss of emulating that game or games on its engine.

Like I said; Don't go by what you read in this thread. Or any Forum for that matter. Go look it up on Wikipedia and some respectable websites like Anandtech, Xbit Labs, and HardForums.

beedubaya said:
Being as DX9 and DX10 won't be compatable, they will have to release 2 versions of every game for a while (would probably include them both in the same package), or just have to deal with games running like crap on Vista in their emulated state, which I don't think they will want.

UT2007 will be so demanding systems will have a hard time handling it at full settings under XP, they can't afford the performance loss of emulating that game or games on its engine.

Are you seriously so daft as to think that a company would release 2 different versions for 2 different Windows OSes? This is the stupid crap that comes up around here. Use your brains and think logically, how about that?

Thats like releasing one game for AMD processors and another for Intel processors.

Vista is going to be a hassle for us gamers, but it is actually a good thing. As I've said before, 21% of American PC users still use Windows 95, 98, or ME. We finally will have a new release that will force them to upgrade. Much like Windows 95 did from 3.1. Until now, software has been released to run on XP all the way back to 95, giving the average user no real reason to upgrade. Maybe we will finally be able to say goodbye to all that legacy stuff.

I'm creating a seperate folder in my bookmarks called "Stupid predictions." When Vista comes out, I'm going to go back to these threads and put most of you Vista bashers to shame. Fun.

I read somewhere than DX10 will be able to render up to 8x faster than DX9c. So yeah, its a good thing. This means game developers will get to do what they've always wanted, push the graphical envelope without limits.

Ahhh, fun. I enjoy reading threads that I made ages ago and laughing at what a tw*t I must have looked like to other poeple.

Since when have they blocked tw-at?

beedubaya said:
I read somewhere than DX10 will be able to render up to 8x faster than DX9c. So yeah, its a good thing. This means game developers will get to do what they've always wanted, push the graphical envelope without limits.

how can you "push the envelope" without limits? Don't you have to have limits to push the envelope? Like saying, pushing the limits.

LOL...my bad. Basically they will be without limits, the envelope will be broken. Right now they are "pushing the envelope" of what today's cards can do and you see it in games like FEAR, CoD 2, and the upcomming UT2007.

beedubaya where are you getting your facts, is it from other tards on the forums spewing up random "facts" that they heard? I really doubt that dx10 won't be backward compatable, that would not make any sense and would be terrible both for microsoft and every other software company. 3d modelling companys would be screwed, no its backwards compatable.

I read from some decent sites something that makes sense rather then the retarded statements I've read here. Direct x 10 will not technically be backwards compatable directly through hardware, but WILL be backwards compatable through a software layer (think of an emulator to play snes games on). This means that it might run a bit slower but I bet they will put as good an emulator in as they can meaning it will work great. If i wasnt able to play fallout 2, then someone at microsoft would be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom