processes clean up?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweyedeya18

In Runtime
i was wondering if there are any programs that delete or take out programs which are always running, my comp is running slower and i dont have any idea what it is, any suggestions?

In run, type in "msconfig" without the quotes and uncheck all the programs that you don't need to start up.
Also go to "services.msc" you can play around with those too

This site will help you with those.
Black Viper

Be sure to keep your antivirus, firewall, and any broadband drivers checked.

I also have my mouse drivers load, as my mouse has extra buttons that I use a lot.

Anything beyond that is just extra, and can be unchecked.

Umm do i hear Reformat.Yes I know you may not want to lose all your data but the best way to get all the performance is to reformat then install the needed anit-virus firewall software so you can start off fresh.

brinks said:
In run, type in "msconfig" without the quotes and uncheck all the programs that you don't need to start up.
Also go to "services.msc" you can play around with those too

This site will help you with those.
Black Viper

Is it just me or does reading that website for more than 2mins screw your eyes up!:angry:

fr34ky said:
Umm do i hear Reformat.Yes I know you may not want to lose all your data but the best way to get all the performance is to reformat then install the needed anit-virus firewall software so you can start off fresh.

I disagree to a certain extent....

it is extreme, but you just back up your documents/music to a cd or external HD, and start over.

It gets rid of your viruses/spyware/malware, i reformat probably 3 times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom