GeForce 8 series (I need info!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't get Vista when it first comes out, wait for bugs to be fixed and like HAVOC said wait for more software. Right now I'm thinking about getting a 7900GT which is set to be $300 dollars but expect for the price to be higher; then maybe this chrismas get a geforce 8 card.

DX10 sucking was a joke...I have seen the video. More excitingly, ive seen that physics card video too. But havok is right. Thats not coming out anytime soon. So don't go sellin you pc to pieces just yet!

Beefcake said:
I wouldn't get Vista when it first comes out, wait for bugs to be fixed and like HAVOC said wait for more software. Right now I'm thinking about getting a 7900GT which is set to be $300 dollars but expect for the price to be higher; then maybe this chrismas get a geforce 8 card.

where did you get this information?? and how good is this 7900 gt supposed to be? isnt it supposed to outdo the 7800gtx??... cuz if so.. why would it be so cheap..

NosBoost300 said:
where did you get this information?? and how good is this 7900 gt supposed to be? isnt it supposed to outdo the 7800gtx??... cuz if so.. why would it be so cheap..

It'll be slightly more powerful than the 7800GTX. They both have 24 pipes if I'm not mistaken... Higher clocks.

Ryan

I'm not really interested in the software of a pc, so haven't been following it, but... Vista will flop from what I read in this thread. No one is going to buy it for their system, because the average person isn't rich enough to buy a HDCP monitor, Vista and a top of the range card at the same time that is really interested in a PC that they will get worse performance on, then they would with xp.

It will be owned by spoiled rich kids.

This magazine I was reading says if you want to keep gaming, you don't have the choice NOT to upgrade to Vista, because games released after Vista's release will not run on XP. Halo 2 for PC being the first of many. Epic better recompile UT2007 in DX10 code or that will be a short lived game.

What you've read in this thread is mostly crap from teenage gamers. Go google Windows Vista and see the truth for yourself and stop listening to this crap.

Flanker said:
What you've read in this thread is mostly crap from teenage gamers. Go google Windows Vista and see the truth for yourself and stop listening to this crap.

All hail Flanker with his insightful and enlightening reflections.

On a second note, I have some doubt that they'll just SWITCH to Vista-based games only. That's completely horrible marketing. They'd have to be getting a HUGE check from microsoft to make up for terrible sales. Not everyone has $300 to go buy the newest Windows.

Ryan

Why would I want it on the PC when I have it on the 360 in HD (Sort of, looks a bit better in hd.)

I still think it will flop though. I can imagine someone fighting this in court under the fair trade act or something that it can vaguely fit into.

*Goes to google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom