New PC (Gaming)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you but the only AMD that i know about that can multi task is the dual cores, Intel is better for single core multi tasking..unless i am wrong.. i would say he would need an AMD x2 3800+ if he wanted to multi task with AMD, Everyone i seem to talk to thinks Intel is much better for multi-tasking single core then AMD

very true but i was going for a low cost but effective machine. the cheapest x2 3800+ i have found is like $330 but then you have to spend more on a mobo to support it. cheapest i have found the two is $330 for the cpu and $75 for the mobo which as you can see is about the total price of the entire machine. then again a celeron d would work nicely with this machine as well and a combo pack from tigerdirect.com can be about the same as the amd i listed. ooo and add about $90 to that for a windows xp home edition oem version os.

U should really start looking at Newegg.com i think there OS is like 80 for xp home edition and tiger direct i agree has some good deals some times but newegg i know ofr sure has low prices most of the time if not then ChiefValue.com has some low prices if newegg don't.

thx for the feedback on the build. lets put together a few more and see what comes out. im sure we can build a more powerful system for equal or less money.

ok real fast this is what i would get i am jsut goign to link and stuff and not post the price, and you can have fun with the monitor and other stuff :)

just keep in mind the guy only wants to spend around 300 pounds(i dont have a ****in clue what that translates to in usd)

hehe 300 pounds=what in usd? I'll find out tomorrow and i well post some stuff on here to tired going to bed:)

**** if i know. thats why i went with a rather inexpensive build. but a computer for the same price from a retail store would be ****. this one is by far not a great build but will blow away any store bought pos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom