PC Buffs.....Need your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NosBoost300 said:
no its not a bad choice at all.. and AA=Anti-Aliasing.. and Anisotropic, they're both filters that smoothen things out... and really i don't notice a difference in graphics after 1280x1024... i think everything above that is just pointless... dramatically lowering your fps for something that looks hardly any different

one more question.......im interested in those Alienware surround sound head phones....what to i all need to get them up and running.....not sure if the on board audio is any help.

AA = Anti Aliasing. It basically makes objects look crisper and makes lines that would otherwise be jagged, straighter.

AF = Anisotropic Filtering. When you're looking at an object (a panel) from an angle, the textures on that object pile up on eachother, making it look blurry/messed/ugly. Anisotropic Filtering makes textures that are viewed at an angle look as if they were being viewed face-on (which is the best).

The monitor size and response time are good, but a native of 1400x900 might not have been such a good idea. Ideal is 1280x1024 native resolution. If you're playing at anything other than the native resolution, you'll get performance loss from the monitor. It will probably affect response time for the worse as well :(

There are really no surround sound headphones. As in 5.1speaker headphones. Good ones will cost you a pretty penny. Instead, just go for some awesome 2-speaker headphones like Sennheisers or Icemat Siberia, I believe they're called.

Antialiasing can be a beautiful thing if you can run it. I usually run HL2 on 8x AA and it looks, to put it simply, beautiful.

Here are some screenies of HL2 on different AA levels (took them myself :D)

No AA:

4x AA:

8x AA:

Dominazn said:
you guys are alot of help.

Yeah I really nice pair of headphones will be 200 or more. Id just go with surround sound if have the money........unless youre worried about disturbing someone.

I myself have 5.1 surround then I just have some $50 Philips headphones for when someone is asleep.

As for SLI, it seems that most of the people that talk crap about it are infact people that dont have it. I have one 6800GS now and another on the way so soon I will find out. Ill be trading them in for the 7900 though when it comes out.

BillGates said:
Yeah I really nice pair of headphones will be 200 or more. Id just go with surround sound if have the money........unless youre worried about disturbing someone.

I myself have 5.1 surround then I just have some $50 Philips headphones for when someone is asleep.

As for SLI, it seems that most of the people that talk crap about it are infact people that dont have it. I have one 6800GS now and another on the way so soon I will find out. Ill be trading them in for the 7900 though when it comes out.

yes... i highly agree with you... most of them don't.. it really ups your lowest fps, reducing alot of lag... i myself am gonna order another 6800 gs as well when my tax return comes around next week.. so we can share how awesome it is! ..... and i just have to mentin again... 2 6800gs are as good, sometimes better and worse, than 1 7800gtx 256 mb for less money.. and with the price drop in the 6800 gs's that makes it that much more better....

SLI does increase performance, but its not worth the money for the performance increase. Two 6800GS cost about $200 each for a total of just under $400. One 7800GT costs $270-3xx. . The 7800GT will outperform 2x 6800GS.

Vybuni said:
SLI does increase performance, but its not worth the money for the performance increase. Two 6800GS cost about $200 each for a total of just under $400. One 7800GT costs $270-3xx. . The 7800GT will outperform 2x 6800GS.

wow... i will show you graphics that that is not true.. i will post in a few minutes... its showed they were keeping up with 1 7800 gtx

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_6800_gs_performance/page15.asp

the gt falls behind on higher resolutions.. far behind 10 fps down there.. while the dual 6800's are passing the 7800 gtx

in almost ALL games
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_6800_gs_performance/page16.asp

OWNED IN QUAKE 4
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_6800_gs_performance/page17.asp

i've done my research.. i made sure i was doing something that saved me money :)

you've been underestimating ur 6800 gs's.. they or no mere 6800 series... considering its low price.. only bein 180-200 dollars now on new egg now

Vybuni said:

6800's are 169.99 on new egg and 2 6800GS's will definately beat out a 7800GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom